Welcome to Camp Wonder
at the Howell Nature Center
2023 Registration NOW OPEN!
60 Years of Nature Center Excellence
The “GREAT EIGHT” – Our Core Values
1. NATURE – Building a lasting connection with the natural world.
2. GROWTH – Learning new skills, growing personally and achieving full potential.
3. KINDNESS – Fostering simple acts of kindness resulting in a ripple effect.
4. RESPECT – Teaching children to value themselves and others.
5. FRIENDSHIP – Increasing a sense of belonging, confidence and self-worth.
6. TEAMWORK – Strengthening communication, collaboration and social skills.
7. STEWARDSHIP – Empowering kids to make the world greener and healthier.
8. LEADERSHIP – Emboldening kids to become better leaders and make a difference.
For more information on Camp Wonder (pricing/descriptions), check out the Camp Brochure below:
Summer Camp Open House
Camp Wonder at the Howell Nature Center invites new and returning summer campers to preview our 2023 Summer Camp Programs. Bring your friends and family for an afternoon “camp sampler” of exciting summer programs and activities. Meet the staff, tour the facility and have all of your questions about summer programs answered!
Our Summer Camp Open Houses run from 2 to 5 p.m. Advanced registration required.
Outstanding Staff – “Team Nature”
We understand the importance of role models for today’s youth. Each summer we hire over 60 enthusiastic and caring staff to shape and impact campers’ lives. All staff members undergo background checks and a stringent training program. We stand dedicated to providing a safe and fun experience for your child. Camp leaders are Red Cross First Aid and CPR certified, and all aquatic and adventure-based programs are operated by qualified, certified, and caring staff. In addition, our camp is licensed by the State of Michigan and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Health and Safety First
Always thinking safety first, we have certified health officers available 24 hours a day to campers. These health officers operate under the watchful consultation of a local doctor, and we are always reviewing our safety policies and procedures through this partnership.
Spirit of Alexandria Sponsorships
The Spirit of Alexandria Foundation (SOA) was created in honor of the legacy of Alexandria Bennett, a little girl who was passionate about exploring the mysteries of the natural world and selflessly sharing those wonders with others. Through her inspiration, the SOA Foundation was formed with the simple goal of connecting thousands of children to nature. The SOA Foundation offers sponsorships on a first come basis. Campers must submit a short essay describing why they are interested in attending camp. SOA sponsorship applications can be accessed online during the camp registration process.
Tips for online registration
- Payment: Note that payment (deposit or payment in full) will be required to complete registration.
- Grade/group for your camper: Please remember to register your camper for the grade they will be entering in the Fall of 2023.
- Multiple campers: If you are registering multiple campers for the second sibling rate, please register them at the same time to receive the discount.
- Returning to your registration: If you are not able to complete your registration, you may return later. Please note that your camper’s spot will remain there as long as a spot is available. However, if your registration is not complete, another camper can take the spot.
- SOA Scholarships: If you are seeking an tuition assistance for camp, please proceed through the online registration process available here. The application can be found in step 3 of the registration process.
- Policy Information: Prior to registering online, please see our 2023 Parent Guide for policy information.
For more information on Camp Wonder (Pricing/Descriptions), check out our Camp Wonder Summer Camps Brochure!