We look forward to your child connecting with nature while enjoying classic camp traditions and educational activities. Our goal with Camp Wonder is to provide a fun and enriching summer camp experience, and teach kids to be faithful caretakers of one another and the world around us.
Our Core Camp Values
- NATURE Kids will explore the joys of the natural world, the wonders of wildlife, and the importance of caring for our environment.
- GROWTH All kids will have opportunities to learn new skills and experience personal growth.
- KINDNESS We believe that teaching simple acts of kindness will result in a ripple effect, creating a wave of good in our community and beyond.
- FRIENDSHIP Kids learn to foster the values of friendship – caring, trust, loyalty and respect – while building a deep sense of “Camp Family!”
- LEADERSHIP By equipping youth with our core values and teaching priceless leadership skills, campers leave Camp Wonder with the tools and strength of character to make a difference in their schools, communities and in the world! scroll to the bottom of the page to learn more about our day, overnight, and excursion camps.
Our Outstanding Staff – “Team Nature”
When people ask what differentiates the Howell Nature Center from other camps, we say with great pride that it’s the people. Each summer, over 60 enthusiastic and caring staff come to the Howell Nature Center to shape and impact campers’ lives. All staff members undergo background checks and a stringent training program. We stand dedicated to providing a safe and fun experience for your child.
Health & Safety First
Safety first, fun every minute – our certified health officers are available 24 hours per day to campers. These health officers operate under the watchful consultation of a local physician. Through this partnership, there is an ongoing review of safety policies and procedures. Camp leaders are Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certified and all aquatic and adventure-based programs are operated by certified staff. In addition, our camp is licensed by the State of Michigan and certified by the American Camp Association.
At Camp Wonder, we believe every child should have the opportunity to experience and connect with nature, regardless of their family’s ability to pay. Howell Nature Center receives support from the community and partners with the Spirit of Alexandria Foundation to provide scholarships. The Spirit of Alexandria Foundation was created in honor of the legacy of Alexandria Bennett, a little girl whose passion for nature and generosity were evident to everyone around her. Alexandria loved exploring and uncovering the mysteries of the natural world, selflessly sharing those wonders with others. Through her inspiration, the Spirit of Alexandria Foundation and the Nature Camp were developed with the mission of spreading the joys of nature to thousands of children. Click here for an application.
Scholarships based on availability.
Tips for online registration
- Payment: Note that payment (deposit or payment in full) will be required to complete registration.
- Grade/group for your camper: Please remember to register your camper for the grade they will be entering in the Fall.
- Multiple campers: If you are registering multiple campers for the second sibling rate, please register them at the same time to receive the discount.
- Returning to your registration: If you are not able to complete your registration, you may return later. Please note that your camper’s spot will remain there as long as a spot is available. However, if your registration is not complete, another camper can take the spot.
- Scholarships: If you are seeking a scholarship for camp, please see the “scholarship” section below (note that you will need to complete a downloadable registration – not online).
- Policy Information: Prior to registering online, please see the following packets for policy information: Day Camp Parent Policy Packet or Overnight & Excursions Parent Policy Packet.