At the Howell Nature Center, we are always looking for talented and energetic individuals to join our staff. Please note, we do not provide onsite housing and many of our job openings are for part-time, seasonal positions. We also offer internships for our Wild Wonders Wildlife Park and Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe that our mission is best accomplished with a diverse team. We hire qualified people from a wide variety of backgrounds because we know it makes our organization stronger. If you share our core values and our enthusiasm for making the world a better place for children and wildlife, then you will find a home at the Howell Nature Center.
In order to build a richly diverse and inclusive team, we recognize that we must acknowledge and eliminate systemic barriers and injustices that otherwise limit an individual’s ability to join our family. Our efforts to create an equitable environment are ongoing and evolving as we continue to learn and grow. As such, the Howell Nature Center is prioritizing the advancement of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our hiring process and overall strategic plan. We are developing specific goals and benchmarks, and will hold ourselves accountable as we build a path toward an equitable future.
We are currently accepting applications for:
- Wildlife Care Specialist – Wildlife Park (Immediately)
- Must be working towards a degree in zoology, fisheries and wildlife, environmental studies or other related fields.
- Experience and aptitude for working with animals preferred.
Applications to serve in either internship position are accepted as follows:
- Late February-early March: for summer internships serving May through September
- July through August: for fall internships serving September through January
- Late November-early December: for winter internships serving January through April
Click the link for instructions on applying for consideration as a Wild Wonders Wildlife Park Intern.
Click the link for instructions on applying for consideration as a Wildlife Rehabilitation Intern.